'Trading is a process of observing the market's action until such a time you can find and form trading ideas and get involved.'**

Friday, March 21, 2014

Looking Back!

Was scanning my humble blog the first time I reformat (though I've created other blog(s) before this one, I guess almost 20 of them?) in 2010, I guess I improved dramatically in my trading. This is the process of learning, it takes time and lots of patience with it. Learning even in any endeavor takes time, perseverance, commitment, and of course your passion and the love of what you do no matter what.

As I was looking at the chart below and the time I started to get involved in the market, I can see that I was at the right time and at the right place to participate with it. I experienced the hardest part of it, the crash, the flash crash, the bulls and the bears, and of course the uncertainty. That's the beauty of being part with the market, you learned the ups and downs, and whenever/whatever that comes with it, it is already normal in seeing what the market is doing on a daily basis, no more surprises. That's how the market is, it fluctuates, if it doesn't, the market is 'dead'.

Counting the years of my participation, I guess I am on the way of riding with it. From Malcom Gladwell's book (Outliers?), and from other studies, in any endeavor or to master a craft, it takes 10,000 hours of actual practice to master it (your craft). Based from my counting, I already exceeded that 10,000 hours (7.5 years from my counting) of actual participation or learning the market.

That's just came to my thoughts today as I look back!