'Trading is a process of observing the market's action until such a time you can find and form trading ideas and get involved.'**

Monday, February 24, 2014

What Is A Trading Plan?

Do you have one?

Below is a sample of a Trading Plan.

- What is your trading style? Please go into detail regarding your preferred market states and time frames for trades.


- My trading style is to capitalize on the market's current environment by means of exploring/finding the right location of participation in placing a trade with the highest probability outcome in a short time frame on a daily basis based from my own target profit, through the means of my own way of learning/trading the market via observation, recognizing the patterns, watching/analyzing the price movement through chart/bar formations, with regards to the market on-goings overseas, current market state/environment, calendar events, and also based from my own temperament and tolerance. Through this way, my own agenda and objective in involving with the market is well planned and organized. Included herein is my strict adherence to discipline, and with that, I will treat my trading as my day's job - at all times, and follow the rules and be a responsible 'employee'/ trader.

- Describe your trading strategy, identifying your preferred tools and signal generators ( i.e. half hour candle stick charts, Market Profile, 700 tick chart with ADX, etc.).

- My trading strategy is quite simple but it's not that easy, it is composed of my own way of trading the market based from my own understanding how the market works, with references to my readings of the whole market structure with the aid of few technical indicators, the ma/ema's, S/R levels, patterns, candle stick formations, through the useful means of multiple charts from my 6 - 22'' to 24'' monitors, in that way I can make a clearer view of analyzing/ finding exact location in putting trades. My tools in trading will help me a lot in identifying highly probable trades with positive outcome as much as possible. My trade location is to capture the 'in-between' portion of a trend, based from 5 to 15 minute chart frame.
 
- Explain your average risk/reward per trade, including both the average stop loss in ticks as well as the average profit target in ticks.

- My risk reward per trade is based from the point of my entry, with stop 14 ticks below entry point, and a target of 19 to 21 ticks above entry point (the price of my entry will depend on the price leveling of the current state of a product to be traded, case to case basis, but this will be my main risk/reward ratio), this is for long trade, for short trade, it's the reverse.. If in case the market entry was not that convincing or not potentially giving/showing a positive/probable possibility based from my readings at that standpoint, i will exit and will wait for the right timing/next opportunity.