'Trading is a process of observing the market's action until such a time you can find and form trading ideas and get involved.'**

Saturday, February 25, 2012

About Trading From Charles Kirk

As an avid follower of Charles Kirk, I am sharing few essential notes about his trading that I've just taken from his latest interview.

* He began trading with a $2,000 deposit in 1993 and now trades with a $3 million dollar portfolio.

* Since 1999 he has been a self-employed, full-time independent trader.

* He said that in trading, "no matter how much effort you devote to your trading, success is never guaranteed."

* He mentioned that his edge, "comes from a combination of my work ethic (i.e. no one works harder or longer than I do), lots of experience and skill (I have been doing this for almost 20 years), and mental/psychological discipline (I have learned how not to fight myself or the market and/or trade out of ego)."

* "I am still a technical pattern focused trader - in other words I search for price pattern setups that offer good risk/reward properties and I trade those patterns as they develop."

* "In a market like this, you have to look for the patterns that setup and trade those patterns. In essence, keep it focused on the price action and the patterns that develop and not much else."

* "Professional traders know that it is not what you trade that is important, but how you trade it."

* "My focus is on price action, patterns that develop from it, and constantly searching for the best low/risk, high/reward opportunities while managing my risk at all times."

* "To trade successfully, you have to be street smart and that only comes from experience and working/developing your very own trading strategy."

* "Trading is observation, pure and experiential.'

* "Trading is more about knowing when not to trade, than it is about trading."

These are just few notes, to find out more about him, click UNDER RESOURCES. I highly recommend his site for the invaluable trading education he provides.